BBA Photography and image sharing guidance
We recognise that taking images of students in our care may not always be appropriate and that some children and parents may not want images taken at any time. Therefore, before taking images of a child or young person, we will:
- Make clear to the child and parent where and when the image will be taken
- Clearly identify the person who will be taking the image
- Explain how the image will be used, e.g. whether it will be posted on social media or printed to be displayed at the school
- We will seek consent from parents that images may be taken of their child. (This can be in form of a signed/ticked document contained within the child’s enrolment form)
- Where we have publicly displayed images at our school or on social media, parents and students may withdraw their permission at any time. In such cases, the images will be removed as soon as is reasonable and without question.
- We ask that any parent wanting to take photographs or film at our events only do so with our prior permission. Permission will only be granted on the agreement of all present.
Last Reviewed April 2020